We are pleased to inform you that from 1 st April 2019, Castlegate Surgery, Hertford and Church Street Surgery, Ware will begin working together, with a view to becoming a combined partnership, New River Health, within the next 12 Months.
Why are we commencing joint working?
- As you will be aware the NHS is under constant pressure whilst dealing with a
shortage of resources especially in the recruitment of full-time GPs/GP Partners. Both of our practices face this problem and the merger seeks to address this issue.
- There are currently 2 GP partners at both Castlegate and Church Street, with similar patient list sizes and compatible ways of working; through similar practices working together this will lead to greater resilience of the practices for the future.
- Joint working will allow us to share other key practice staff such as Nurses, Pharmacists and administrative support teams.
- NHS England is directing general practice to work more at scale with forming larger GP practices and joining primary care networks, so our joint working is in line with these national directives and helps to safeguard the future of our local GP services.
How will this affect patients and their carers?
- Patients will continue to be offered all the current core services at their practice.
- You will still call your own practice to book appointments and you will be able to see a wide range of clinical staff.
- The practices will continue to run from their own sites seeing their own registered patients, however some specialist services may be offered across sites, such as a pharmacist or specialist nurse clinics.
How will we keep our patients updated about the merger?
- We will keep patients updated with information on our websites and notices in the practices https://www.castlegatesurgery.co.uk/ and https://churchsware.org/
- The practices are working alongside their Patient Participation Groups (PPG) to keep them involved and informed of any developments with the merger process. Details of how you can join your PPG are on our respective websites.